Adjusting Your W-4

Did you get a big tax refund?  Just a question.... do you still have some of it saved?  I love big refunds, but the problem is the money goes away so quickly.  One way you can make that money stretch all year long is to get a little each payday.  All you have to do is take a W-4 form to your Human Resources person and have them enter in the adjustment to your payroll. 

Which way do I adjust?
If you want MORE money each paycheck, you will want to INCREASE the number of exemptions on your W-4 form.  If you want LESS money in your paycheck (and more sent to taxes) DECREASE your exemptions. 

If you have multiple jobs or two spouses working, you may choose as few as ZERO exemptions to have more withheld from your paycheck to cover your tax bill.  If you got a refund and want more now throughout the year, you can raise your exemptions.  You can use the worksheet on the back of the form to help you get to the right number for you!

No comments: